The advantages of manufacturing in Mexico are vast a large reason why it is now one of the primary manufacturing destinations in the world. Partnering with a nearshore manufacturing partner like NovaLink is always the first, and best step in getting your manufacturing project in motion (Typically set up under our model is quick; within a month. )
To ensure our clients are successful in their manufacturing endeavors we are offering a rare, inside look at the process that NovaLink uses to roadmap a potential project as well as ensure that it will be successful in the immediate and the future.
The Step by Step Process
- Project Analysis
- The client and NovaLink conduct a preliminary cost analysis model for the client’s product line. NovaLink’s costing model incorporates everything required to operate in Mexico including the import and export of raw materials and other products.
- Site Visits
- NovaLink management and engineers visit the client’s current facility to review operations. NovaLink’s team develops a plan including but not limited to: permitting, layouts and engineering.
- Program Scope
- The client and NovaLink determine the necessary staffing, floor space, transportation needs and utility needs to fulfill client’s needs. NovaLink finalizes its pricing quote and begins to prepare for the client’s install.
- NovaLink provides the client with a contract that outlines the length of term, minimum requirements, pricing, etc. Novalink strives to develop contracts that are partnership friendly.
- The client presents samples and descriptions of each product to be manufactured by NovaLink. NovaLink verifies classification with both Mexican and U.S. Customs. NovaLink obtains all the required permits to cross materials and equipment into Mexico. NovaLink will also obtain any environmental permits necessary.
- The client is responsible for transporting equipment and materials to Brownsville, Texas. NovaLink transports and installs the equipment into their Mexico facility.
- NovaLink trains with client and staff. This includes training on reporting, manufacturing, inventory control, maintenance and quality control. NovaLink dedicates a team of trainers and engineers to work with the client to understand the time studies, efficiencies and related items. This team then trains the operators that will be responsible for day-to-day manufacturing. We welcome whatever level of involvement our client’s desire in this process.
- It is NovaLink’s responsibility to maintain the program at the levels that were agreed to with the client. The main task of the client at this point is to make sure the production lines have a continuous flow of materials and schedule. Our clients typically schedule regular visits to review the operations with us throughout the year.
- The distribution center receives daily raw materials shipments from suppliers. Receipt of finished goods is performed daily and coordination with the client on distribution instructions follows. Our operation is intended to provide a complete end-to-end experience for our clients.
Whether you are a large corporation or a small business trying to get off the ground, NovaLink has the process, software, facilities and manpower to get your business up and running quickly and efficiently with minimal cost. Learn More.